Deep Tissue Oil
A powerful blend to reduce muscle pain, inflammation, and stiffness!
- SOOTHES your muscles with a miraculous, deep-penetrating formula
- PROMOTES circulation to sore muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones
- REDUCES pain and inflammation
- RELIEVES soreness from arthritic joints, hips and shoulders
What’s in this deep penetrating oil
Ingredients: Wintergreen Oil, Menthol Crystals, Habanero Pepper, Arnica Flower, Calendula Flower, St. John’s Wort Flower, Lobelia, Ginger Root, Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
For external use only.
Who Needs It?
Our Deep Tissue Repair oil is a must-have for any household! Think of it as Deep Heat, but minus the synthetic ingredients and harmful chemicals.
Just some examples of how this product can be used are.
- Rubbed on the temples to stop headaches
- Applied to the chest to relieve congestion
- Dropped onto insect bites or bee stings to eliminate the pain and discomfort they bring
- Massaged onto injured muscles to relieve stiffness, increase circulation and promote healing
- Applied to arthritis joints for pain relief and reduced inflammation
- Rubbed over bruised areas to relieve swelling and hasten healing
- Used in conjunction with hydrotherapy or hot and cold therapy
Warning: once you try this product and discover just how wonderful it is, you will NEVER want to be without it again! Whether you are ageing and arthritic, a gym junkie or athlete with tired, sore or injured muscles, or have a family with colds, coughs, bumps and bruises, there is an almost endless list of uses for our Deep Tissue Oil.
How it works:
This formula is a combination of herbs that increase circulation, heal and penetrate deep into the muscles to hasten healing.
- WINTERGREEN ESSENTIAL OIL: is famous for its ability to reduce inflammation and swelling, increase circulation, relieve spasms, and decrease pain. This helps the body to heal from damage and injuries faster. Additionally, it has anti-septic properties. Wintergreen was used by the North American Indians to help with muscular or joint pain, or rheumatism. It was also used in tea form by the American settlers (after the boycott of the British tea). They used it for headaches, muscle pain and colds. In the late 1800s, American pharmacists discovered that Wintergreen oil contains methyl salicylate, also found in aspirin. It is thought that this may explain why the herb has been so widely used to treat pain. Wintergreen oil relaxes irritated, aching or swollen muscles, ligaments and joints, and is often used for neurological conditions such as sciatica and various kinds of neuralgia.
- MENTHOL CRYSTALS: has mild anaesthetic properties. It activates the body’s cold receptors, producing the cool feeling we all experience when we touch something minty. Yet, it does not actually change the temperature of the skin when it does this. Menthol is what is known as a counter irritant. In other words, if we use it when we are in pain, it causes a mild irritation or inflammation in another part of our body to take our attention away from the real source of the pain. Menthol has also been widely used for conditions such as the flu, colds, asthma, bronchitis and other respiratory conditions. It has expectorant properties, which can help to loosen congestion.
- HABANERO PEPPER: is renowned for its ability to increase circulation. While it is most commonly used internally for this purpose, externally, it has the same effect. Applying Habanero topically brings blood to the area. This can speed up the healing process and reduce swelling and inflammation. In a similar way that Menthol tricks the body into feeling a cool sensation, Habanero tricks the body into feeling heat. The capsaicin in Habanero stimulates the heat receptors, making the skin feel warm, without its temperature actually changing. This can help to alleviate pain.
- ARNICA FLOWER: has traditionally been used for treating bruises, broken bones, sprains, sore or tired muscles, and wounds, provided that the skin is unbroken. Arnica is generally used externally, and is thought to speed up the healing of bodily tissue. It increases circulation and improves blood supply to the affected area, and has an anti-inflammatory effect. Arnica helps the body to re-absorb blood when internal bleeding, haemmorhaging and bruising has occurred.
- CALENDULA FLOWER: also known as marigold, has been used since ancient times for a range of health conditions. These include muscular spasms, skin problems, wounds and sores, varicose veins, pulled muscles, boils, bruises, muscle sprains, mild burns, frostbite, ulcers, and athlete’s foot. Calendula flower is said to have anti-inflammatory, astringent, anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-biotic properties. It can stimulate circulation, which can hasten healing in the body, and aids the functioning of the capillaries.
- JOHN’S WORT FLOWER: has traditionally been used as a sedative, for problems associated with nerve pain, wounds, burns, bites, and muscular inflammation—including sciatica, tennis elbow and neuralgia. St. John’s Wort is a very calming herb, its anti-spasmodic properties make it useful for calming down muscular problems.
- LOBELIA: is also an anti-spasmodic and nervine herb which relaxes the body, reduces the pain caused by spasms and calms the nerves. It has been used for the treatment of chronic sprains, as well as spinal problems.
- GINGER ROOT: is also a relaxant, and calms the body. At the same time, however, it is a mild stimulant, increasing circulation. Ginger root, when applied to the body, enters the capillaries, travels through the veins, to the heart, and back again. It helps to deliver through the body all the other beneficial ingredients in our Deep Tissue Repair Oil, to help them work most effectively on the body. Externally, Ginger root has been used for centuries in cases of pain, inflammation and stiffness of joints.
How to Take it:
For topical use only. Apply 2 droppers-full to the affected area as needed. Rub in well for 10 minutes. Applying heat to the area can help the Deep Tissue Oil to penetrate further into the body followed by an ice pack.
Do not use near eyes, mucous membranes or genital areas. Wash hands well after applying.